Banana Bread Recipe
- 15 MINS.
- 8 SERVES
- - CAL
- 225g (11/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 110g firmly packed brown sugar
- 105g All Bran® Original, plus 2 tablespoons extra
- 55g chopped pitted dried dates
- 40g walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 80ml sunflower oil
- 80ml reduced fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large (about 450g) ripe bananas, mashed
- Honey, to serve (optional)
A tempting banana bread recipe with all the goodness of natural wheat bran fibre. There’s walnuts, too, for extra high-fibre points! This classic-with-a-twist is perfect for a quick and tasty breakfast, a healthy afternoon sweet treat, or even a digestion-friendly dessert. Extra peckish? Try slathering a slice with peanut butter. It’s heavenly, trust us…
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced.
- 2Spray a 7cm deep, 10 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf tin with olive oil. Line base and two long sides with a piece of non-stick baking paper.
- 3Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Add the sugar, All-Bran® Original, dates and half the walnuts, stir to combine.
- 4Whisk together eggs, oil, milk and vanilla, stir through the mashed banana. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- 5Spoon into prepared tin, smooth surface with back of a spoon. Sprinkle top with remaining walnuts and extra All-Bran® Original.
- 6Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- 7Serve toasted with a drizzle of honey.